Proposal Castle Wars system

GunZ

:>
Administrator
Hello,

I would like to open discussion regarding our plans for improvement of PvP content on the server. Currently we are preparing event most known as Castle Wars. There is a short description:
- 2 Castles will be added to the server - one Ankhrahmun desert and second in Edron
- Ank castle will open its doors on Wednesday so all guilds could fight to win the access to it.
- Edron castle will open on Sunday.
- Castles won't include any private hunting spots. They will include NPC that can teleport you to some hunts for money.

In this thread I would like to discuss:
- what kind of bonuses should go for winning guild
- how the battle for the should look like if no guild owns castle
- how the battle look like if castle is already owned by guild
- how the map of the castles should look like.

This proposal is part of our agile development model of our server. That means we want to dynamically react on the things that players demand on our server.

Last edited:
I don't really support the idea of forcing people to join one of the top guilds on the server. I think it could work if there was a limited number of members that can be in a guild (like 20 or something). Currently, there are only 2 guilds that will have a chance to access this content. both have 40+ members and third best has 25atm. just amount of bodies those guilds can throw can win it without any strategies... Anyway, that was my little rant about liking/disliking the idea. Let's move on to what you are asking.

What bonuses should winning guild get? I think it should not be +exp% or +lootchance especially when u said owning a castle will provide exclusive hunting places. That would be just too much. But winning still should give something. My idea was that every member of the guild would get ONE free death, meaning, once every person in the guild could die once without losing anything (exp, bless, items, skill, etc) but I think people with red skull still should lose all equipment or just backpack and one random item instead of everything.

How battle should look like? Well, when I imagine sieges it mostly involves a "huge" battle with defenders and attackers obviously. So I think it should look exactly like this. I don't know if it would be executable or possible but even make walls "destroyable" during battle. Of course, I think it should be made on a separate map and everyone should get "one" life per battle/siege. If the castle is unowned it just should be free for all. All guilds versus all in one huge battle for victory (or similar to sports ladder with guilds vs guilds and victor moves further, but I really like the idea of all vs all, then other guilds could make quick and brief alliances to eliminate the biggest thread)

What should be in hunting places? Well, that's a tough one. Should it be best for solo exp or teamhunt exp? If for solo then its better for 200levels or 500levels. IMO there should be ~10 different places that guild can pick from once a day/week.

How the castle should look like? Imagine Edron town. With empty middle (i mean without building with the king or whoever it is that resides there) with houses/shops all around and it's good enough for me.

Oh while I was writing this post I got another idea for rewards. Maybe add new vendors that buy everything (ie Rashid/Yasir/djins and whoever as one vendor) with slightly higher prices. 5% for example if you can sell a demon shield for 30.000 normally, there you could sell it for 31.500. Additionally, supply vendors selling yeah you guessed it supplies a little bit cheaper. Maybe even temple with priest selling discounted blesses

Another idea for rewards or in this case hunting places would be, the winner would pick a place, for example, a falcon bastion and only members of winning guild could enter there for some time or until they picked other place or there was another winner. But this could be abused a lot and some hunting places are too good (like bastion/asuras or on really high levels library) and those guilds could snowball further.

Well, what do you think? I know I did not write it in perfect English but I am at work atm and don't really have enough time to polish it. If you don't understand something then ask and Ill try to explain my thought process

GunZ

:>
Administrator
@Cluiche Master Thank you very much for your ideas.

I have updated main post as we decided that those castles won't include any private spots, just shortcut NPC instead.

Vallais

Administrator
Administrator
Oh while I was writing this post I got another idea for rewards. Maybe add new vendors that buy everything (ie Rashid/Yasir/djins and whoever as one vendor) with slightly higher prices. 5% for example if you can sell a demon shield for 30.000 normally, there you could sell it for 31.500. Additionally, supply vendors selling yeah you guessed it supplies a little bit cheaper. Maybe even temple with priest selling discounted blesses

Another idea for rewards or in this case hunting places would be, the winner would pick a place, for example, a falcon bastion and only members of the winning guild could enter there for some time or until they picked another place or there was another winner. But this could be abused a lot and some hunting places are too good (like bastion/asuras or on really high levels library) and those guilds could snowball further.
I like your ^ Upper idea nr. 1 that's a pretty good idea at all might be we use it!
About idea 2 it's kinda too much but there would be free teleports by NPC which you'll ask for like let's say "Falcon Bastion" he offers you teleport for 100k right inside the castle so guilds/members can use it faster than normal way playing players.

I like your ^ Upper idea nr. 1 that's a pretty good idea at all might be we use it!
About idea 2 it's kinda too much but there would be free teleports by NPC which you'll ask for like let's say "Falcon Bastion" he offers you teleport for 100k right inside the castle so guilds/members can use it faster than normal way playing players.
Huh, teleporting to hunting places sounds really cool but maybe instead of paying for it, every time guild (every week or every time owner of a castle changes?) must do a quest to unlock a teleporter? For example to unlock mentioned falcon bastion, whole guild would have to give to "portal maker" 10000 (or however much you would like) falcon crests (this animal product that falcon drops) And for every place that you want to have teleport, you would have to give some number of specific items that can be found there (just couple examples, golden lotus brooch for asuras/ book pages for secret library etc). It could even change the economy a bit and animal products from some high-end spawn could cost a fair bit more on the market. Maybe even lower drop chance for those items. I think it would be more interesting than just simply paying for it

Yoichi

I'm impressed by how only 1 person gave his thoughts while the rest are still napping zzzzzzzz
considiring the guild's in the server are into pvp / pk / etc it's really kinda funny or ironic

Vallais

Administrator
Administrator
Huh, teleporting to hunting places sounds really cool but maybe instead of paying for it, every time guild (every week or every time owner of a castle changes?) must do a quest to unlock a teleporter? For example to unlock mentioned falcon bastion, whole guild would have to give to "portal maker" 10000 (or however much you would like) falcon crests (this animal product that falcon drops) And for every place that you want to have teleport, you would have to give some number of specific items that can be found there (just couple examples, golden lotus brooch for asuras/ book pages for secret library etc). It could even change the economy a bit and animal products from some high-end spawn could cost a fair bit more on the market. Maybe even lower drop chance for those items. I think it would be more interesting than just simply paying for it
Well the castle changes it's owner almost every week wouldn't be kinda much to force them bringing items also? Also I've forgoten to mention you wont get tp BACK to castle only to the spawn, you will still need to get same and regular way in tibia back to to towns >.> :p

bitbird

- what kind of bonuses should go for winning guild
-what about special training monks that gives slightly more abit skill rate
-more movement speed to every member
-what about boosted potions that gives 20% during only hunt monsters works as stamina working only active when atking monsters not active at pvp
-stamina regeneration is x3
*npc selling all items or npc teleporting to every cave isnt rly looks good imo

- how the battle for the should look like if no guild owns castle
-what does that means? they still fighting untill dominate it

- how the battle look like if castle is already owned by guild
-war ends by dominating castles its calling resting time they have to rest and enjoy there time with their childs in castle XD? hahaha

- how the map of the castles should look like.
great hall with stairs and also have some dp's some training monks and whatever looks good ;d

Shillz

When these teams fight for the castle. I take it they still lose xp when they die right?

yung

In my opinion access to the castles should be gained by the guild that actually has fought for it and won.
Included castle bonuses should look as following:
Private exp spawns based in castles
Exp boost

Szoffer

It would be nice if guild who own castle will have special areas or bonuses.
POZDRAWIAM FANÓW

Vallais

Administrator
Administrator
In my opinion access to the castles should be gained by the guild that actually has fought for it and won.
Included castle bonuses should look as following:
Private exp spawns based in castles
Exp boost
"Private exp spawn" idea was already denied. It's quite too much.

Merkz

I really dislike the experience/loot bonuses idea unless it was a really low bonus!

Vallais

Administrator
Administrator
I really dislike the experience/loot bonuses idea unless it was a really low bonus!
I don't think so that will come neither. The advantage of castle should be more like easier to move across maps and so on, as it was on old castle wars events over bigger servers that been here in the past.

Merkz

Yeah and stuff like depots next to each NPCs that buy items for easier selling.

Vallais

Administrator
Administrator
Might be, for a few % bigger price, as far as they won't own castle forever just for one week or less.

Merkz

Yeah I was thinking about that also, these kind of things aren't major benefits so it's good.

Or even make it that one guild can own a castle no more than once/twice per month so it won't be a standstill with most powerful guild winning all the time...